Allow us to introduce ourselves:
Achievement Prep is a college-preparatory public charter school network committed to historically underserved communities of Southeast Washington, DC. Opening in 2013, our elementary school serves scholars in K – 4th grade. It also includes an early childhood partnership with AppleTree Institute, which serves pre-K3 and pre-K4 scholars. Our mission is to prepare students to excel as high-achieving scholars and leaders in high school, college and beyond.
What We Believe:
- 100% Scholars: You prioritize what’s best for scholars in the decisions you make.
- Results Without Excuses: You set, track and achieve ambitious goals for yourself and your team; you own the mistakes.
- Sweat the Small Stuff: You pay attention to the smallest details to ensure smooth, predictable, and effective outcomes.
- Community Matters – Mightily: You show care and respect for others – even when the work is taxing.
- Unapologetically Mission-Driven: You have a “whatever it takes” mentality in achieving the mission.
- Many Minds, One Mission: You value and partner with parents and the community for the good of scholars..
As the culture specialist, you will:
- Support the Culture Team in creating a positive, structured and disciplined school culture that promotes academic excellence.
- This individual assists in ensuring that the school’s core values – Determination, Respect, Enthusiasm, Accountability, and Mastery (DREAM) – serve as drivers of scholar behavior and habits of mind.
- Be highly present and visible, proactively circulating throughout classrooms and public spaces during the day to gain valuable context on scholar behavior and relentlessly ensuring a positive school environment
- Complete data collection and input into scholar information system(s) in an appropriate, accurate, and timely manner
- Play an active role in community spaces (i.e. lunch supervision, hallway posts, dismissal facilitation, etc.) and during major transitions during the school day
- Collaborate with other members of the Culture Team to implement school culture systems that effectively incentivize and reward positive behaviors and correct disruptive behaviors
- Exhibit an unwavering commitment to high academic achievement and character development in our scholars
- The Culture team consists of our Assistant Principal and two culture specialists.
You Are The Perfect Fit If….
- You are committed to serving historically underserved communities knowing that your work is part of a larger ecosystem committed to change.
- You are unapologetically mission driven and will do whatever it takes to advance the work and ensure scholar achievement.
- You are excited about not just the work, but doing the work here at Achievement Prep.
- You are familiar with our community and are not afraid of or by all the beauty and challenges that come with living in impoverished communities.
- You know while there are no excuses in this work, the scholars we serve require a leader who will differentiate for all yet ensure that a bar of excellence is maintained at all times.
- You know that the leadership you display and the direction you set is seen by everyone in the building and emulated by your direct reports.
- You are open to feedback, eager to grow, and bring your best to everything you do.
- You know the work isn’t easy and don’t expect for it to be. The grind of our mission ignites you.
- You are not only capable of performing but thrive in circumstances involving ambiguity and nuance.
- You look for or create the joy in your day-to-day and want to work with and develop others who do, too.
You Must Have:
- High school diploma/GED
- Experience working with behavior intervention
- 2+ years of experience working with children in an urban setting from historically underserved communities
It Would Be Nice for You to Have:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1+ years of experience working in a K-3 school setting
What You Get
- Ongoing weekly or bi-weekly coaching and development from principal
- Regular coaching from network-based leadership
- Opportunities to participate in external professional development that increases effectiveness in the role
- Compensation & Benefits:
- Achievement Prep offers highly competitive compensation and benefits
- Medical, vision, dental benefits
- Flexible spending accounts for transit, dependent care, and medical expenses
- 401k with automatic immediate employer matching up to 4% of salary
- It Pays to Stay:
- Upon completion of 2 full school years of service, employees become eligible for annual loyalty incentives
- Gifts and Achievement Prep swag
Achievement Prep encourages individuals of all identities and backgrounds to apply for this position. We are an equal opportunity employer fully committed to hiring a talented and diverse group of individuals. Achievement Prep does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin or ancestry, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other category protected by applicable law.