What You Will Do
The Guest Platinum Teacher plays the critical role of ensuring continuity of instruction, classroom culture, and school-wide systems by providing coverage in classrooms, as well as throughout Achievement Prep schools, when classroom teachers are absent. They support the school and may serve in any grade ranging from kindergarten to 3rd grade on any given day.
Reporting to the Principal, you will:
- Serve as a substitute teacher
- Work across the school to substitute elementary (K – 4) school classes when teachers are absent
- Substitute classes for any and all instructional staff members who are absent on a given day
- Provide long-term coverage for a specific course, when applicable
General School Support
- Embody our core values of Determination, Respect, Enthusiasm, Accountability, and Mastery
- Maintain a culture centered on our ethos and core values of Determination, Respect, Enthusiasm, Accountability, and Mastery
- Exhibit an unwavering commitment to high academic achievement and character development in our scholars
- Be availble from at least 7:30 AM to at least 4:30 PM daily when needed
- Manage time, tasks, deadlines and responsibilities in a fast-paced environment and hold others accountable for the same
Be willing to take on additional responsibilities as necessary to fulfill Achievement Prep’s mission for our scholars
You Must Have
- High School Diploma or equivalent
It Would Be Nice for You to Have
- Bachelor's degree
- Prior substitute teaching experience
- 1+ years of experience working in an urban setting with children in historically underserved communities
Who You Are
You know and understand the power of education and have seen, first hand, that power manifested either in your life or in the lives of others. You are committed to serving historically underserved communities knowing that your work is part of a larger ecosystem committed to change. You believe in a quality public education for all and are determined to serve every child that comes your way. You are unapologetically mission driven and will do whatever it takes to advance the work and ensure scholar achievement. You are excited about not just the work, but doing the work at Achievement Prep. You are familiar with our community and are not afraid of or by all the beauty and challenges that come with living in impoverished communities. You value and respect everyone and demonstrate that respect in words and actions.
You revel in the idea that no two days will be the same. On Monday you may be supporting scholars in kindergarten learn to read. Tuesday may be in 3rd grade build their reading comprehension skills. For you, it’s about being consistent across the board, moving the curricula forward in the absence of the classroom teacher, and providing additional support to the schools in whatever way necessary. You respect timelines and know that meeting the same are not optional or to be taken for granted. You are open to feedback, eager to grow, and bring your best to everything you do. You know the work isn’t easy and don’t expect for it to be. The grind of our mission ignites you. You are not only capable of performing but thrive in circumstances involving ambiguity and nuance. You look for or create the joy in your day-to-day and want to work with others who do, too.
Achievement Prep encourages individuals of all identities and backgrounds to apply for this position. We are an equal opportunity employer fully committed to hiring a talented and diverse group of individuals. Achievement Prep does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin or ancestry, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other category protected by applicable law.