Elementary Math Lead Teacher
ELEMENTARY SCHOOL LEAD TEACHER
Who We Are
Achievement Prep is a college-preparatory public charter school network committed to historically underserved communities of Southeast Washington, DC. However, Achievement Prep isn’t just a school. We are a promise of progress. A promise to change the lives of our scholars, our community, and our future generations for the better. We promise to be the educational fuel that ignites a love for learning and knowledge. We believe that our teachers and faculty are the keys to closing the achievement gap. Not only do they encompass our vision but believe in it and live by it to help create the most impactful environment possible. Change begins now. Change begins here. Our mission is to prepare students to excel as high-achieving scholars and leaders in high school, college and beyond.
What You Will Do
Achievement Prep teachers are platinum! Platinum Teachers are determined and driven by the belief that high quality instruction, joyful rigor, and attention to the whole child has the most immediate impact on our ability to achieve our mission.
Your Work Matters!
Every week, you will…Be the content expert!
- Serve as content expert
- Implement a coherent, research-based curriculum and build onto it to enhance scholar learning experience
- Differentiate instruction to meet the needs of our STAR Scholars (scholars who require special services) by collaborating, planning and co-teaching with Scholar Support Teachers
- Design, collect, and analyze data to adjust short-and long-term plans, refine curriculum, and diversify instructional practice to meet scholars’ learning needs
- Expect, monitor, and sustain a welcoming, well-managed classroom using classroom and school-wide behavior management systems with fidelity
- Set and maintain a culture of learning and high behavioral standards - a classroom where scholars are cared for beyond their actions and pushed to do and be their very best
Every week, you will…Be the “Family Whisperer”!
- Establish and maintain relationships with scholars and families based on trust and respect, communicating effectively, proactively, and often regarding scholar progress, triumphs, and challenges
- Attend, support, and participate quarterly Family Nights/events
Every week, you will…Grow!
- Improve your practice through regular formal and informal observations, weekly coaching sessions, weekly professional development, data-driven reflection, and self-learning.
- Be willing to take on additional responsibilities as necessary to fulfill Achievement Prep’s mission for our scholars
To be considered, you will need…
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- 2+ years of experience as a teacher of record in a K – 12 setting, preferably in historically underserved communities
- Teacher leadership experience (grade level lead, department chair, mentor teacher, etc.) is always a plus
You’ll be a great fit if…
- You understand the power of education and have seen that power manifested either in your life or in the lives of others.
- You are committed to serving historically underserved and marginalized communities knowing that your work is part of a larger ecosystem committed to transforming tomorrow today. .
- You believe in a quality public education for all and are determined to serve every child that comes your way.
- You are unapologetically mission driven and will do whatever it takes to advance the work and ensure scholar achievement.
- You are excited about not just the work, but doing the work at Achievement Prep.
- You are a results-driven educator who holds scholars to consistently high academic and behavior expectations because you know they can rise to the challenge and grow up to change the world.
- The grind of our mission ignites you to look for or create the joy in your day-to-day and want to work with others who do, too.
You’re Worth It!
Our teachers are worth more than gold, they’re platinum!
- Development: Teachers receive ongoing (weekly or bi-weekly) development from school leaders:
- Formal and informal observations and feedback
- 1:1 meetings to discuss teaching practice, scholar data, curriculum, and goals
- Content team meetings
- Wednesday afternoon professional development tailored to teacher needs
- Compensation & Benefits: Achievement Prep offers highly competitive compensation and benefits
- Our lead teachers are competitively compensated among public school teachers in Washington, D.C.
- Medical, vision, dental benefits
- Flexible spending accounts for transit, dependent care, and medical expenses
- 401k with automatic immediate employer matching up to 4%
- It Pays to Stay: Upon completion of 2 full school years of service, employees become eligible for annual loyalty incentives
- Gifts and Achievement Prep swag
Achievement Prep encourages individuals of all identities and backgrounds to apply for this position. We are an equal opportunity employer fully committed to hiring a talented and diverse group of individuals. Achievement Prep does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin or ancestry, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other category protected by applicable law.