Upcoming SY 2023-2024 Lead Teacher General Pool
2023-2024 EARLY INTEREST: Lead Teacher General Application
This general requisition allows candidates to submit application materials and note their interest in being considered for 2023-2024 teaching positions at Achievement Prep Public Charter School, once that hiring season opens in earnest. All submitted documents (resume, etc.) will be recorded in the system and will be available for review.
- Kindergarten through 5th Grade Classroom Teachers (ELA, Math, Science, or History)
- Scholar Support Teachers (special education)
- Co-curricular/ Specials Teachers (Physical education, art, music, foreign language)
Who We Are
Achievement Prep is an award-winning college-preparatory public charter school network committed to historically underserved communities of Southeast Washington, DC. Our mission is to prepare students to excel as high-achieving scholars and leaders in high school, college and beyond.
What You Will Do
Serving as the educational content expert, Achievement Prep Elementary School Lead Teachers seek to eliminate the achievement gap everyday by teaching your specific content to our elementary scholars. Lead Teachers are a part of a determined team of educators who push one another to create and sustain an outstanding environment for teaching and learning characterized by joyful rigor. As the content expert for her/his scholars, the Lead Teacher is driven by the belief that the quality of instruction has the most immediate impact on Achievement Prep’s ability to achieve our mission.
You Must Have:
- Appropriate credentials
- Bachelor’s degree in education
- Bachelor’s degree in any field
- 2+ years of experience as a teacher of record in a K – 12 setting
- 2+ years of experience working with children in historically underserved communities
It Would Be Nice for You to Have
- A Master’s degree in education
- Teacher leadership experience (grade level lead, department chair, mentor teacher, etc.)
After your application is submitted you can expect the following:
- Complete phone interview with Achievement Prep People Team
- In- person interview with instructional leadership team (mock lesson, panel interview, building tour)
- Hiring Decision
Achievement Prep encourages individuals of all identities and backgrounds to apply for this position. We are an equal opportunity employer fully committed to hiring a talented and diverse group of individuals. Achievement Prep does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin or ancestry, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other category protected by applicable law.