24-25 Elementary School Lead Teacher
24-25 ELEMENTARY SCHOOL LEAD TEACHER
Who We Are
Achievement Prep is an award-winning public charter school network dedicated to empowering underserved communities in Southeast Washington, DC. Our mission is to prepare students to excel as high-achieving scholars and leaders, not only in school but also in life.
- All Scholars are Deserving: Every scholar receives an equitable, top-tier education
- Love is at the Core: We embrace authenticity while setting high expectations
- Exceptional Academic Results: Achieved through daily, data-driven, individualized learning
- Platinum Teachers are a Main Ingredient: YOU are the key to excellent outcomes for our scholars
- Families as Partners: Together, we do "three-generational work"
What You Will Do
As an Achievement Prep Elementary School Lead Teacher, you'll be the driving force in closing the achievement gap. You'll specialize in either English Language Arts or Math for our elementary scholars. Join a team of passionate educators dedicated to creating an environment of joyful rigor, where the quality of instruction impacts our mission the most.
Your Work Matters!
Reporting to the Instructional Coach, you will:
- Teach ELA or Math to 2 groups of scholars daily
- Implement a research-based curriculum
- Personalize instruction for scholars with IEPs
- Create assessments and use data to ensure mastery of standards
- Collaborate with peers to set data-driven academic goals
- Cultivate a joyful and consistent classroom culture
- Collaborate and co-teach with Scholar Support (SPED) Teachers
- Engage with scholars and families to build trust and rapport
- Support family events and communicate scholar progress
- Continuously improve your teaching practice through professional development
- Integrate into the school community and assume additional responsibilities
- Be on campus from 7:30 AM to 4:30 PM Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and until 3:00 PM on Wednesday
- Be willing to take on additional responsibilities as necessary to fulfill Achievement Prep’s mission for our scholars
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or related field
- Teaching license or passing Praxis scores (if not an education major)
- 2+ years of K-12 teaching experience
- Experience in underserved communities
- Master’s degree in Education
- Teacher leadership experience (grade level lead, department chair, mentor teacher, etc.)
Is this YOU?
You are a mission-driven educator who believes in the power of education. You are committed to making a difference in underserved communities. You value a quality public education for all and are dedicated to serving every child. You are results-driven and an expert in your content area, constantly seeking ways to improve. You respect timelines and embrace feedback, knowing the mission isn't easy but energizes you. You thrive in ambiguity and find joy in the day-to-day.
Why Work With Us?
Our teachers are worth more than gold, they’re platinum!
- Development: Teachers receive ongoing (weekly or bi-weekly) development from school leaders:
- Formal and informal observations and feedback
- 1:1 meetings to discuss teaching practice, scholar data, curriculum, and goals
- Content team meetings
- Wednesday afternoon professional development tailored to teacher needs
- $150 Classroom Reimbursement fund
- Compensation & Benefits: Achievement Prep offers highly competitive compensation and benefits
- Generous medical, vision, and dental benefits
- Flexible spending accounts for transit, dependent care, and medical expenses
- 401K plan with immediate employer matching up to 4%
- 44-60 days of Paid Time Off, including holidays, break periods, sick, and personal time
- Wellness benefits including reimbursements for gym, massages, counseling, etc.
- It Pays to Stay: Upon completion of 2 full school years of service, employees become eligible for annual loyalty incentives
- Personalized gifts and Achievement Prep swag
- Compensation Bonuses
You’re Worth It!
Ready to Get Started?
If you’re excited to be part of a dedicated and passionate team, please submit your resume and cover letter to this job posting. Let’s make a difference together!
Achievement Prep encourages individuals of all identities and backgrounds to apply for this position. We are an equal opportunity employer fully committed to hiring a talented and diverse group of individuals. Achievement Prep does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin or ancestry, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other category protected by applicable law.